First off, if you didn't know, there's a FFXIII-2 teaser trailer floating around, and there will be a nice big shiny one at E3 in a few days. a;lsdkjf;lijwef /BOUNCES
Paired with this and some screenshots I saw, I HAZ THOUGHTS. Feel free to add any input/tell me how horribly wrong I am. xD
* I believe that the dude from the first trailer and Noel are somehow related. My basis for this is
* HOWEVER. Perhaps they missed Noel the first time around because he was in hiding…or crystalized. The teaser trailer shows him using Ruin, which in the first game, was strictly a l’cie ability. If he was crystalized and came out of that stasis, he could certainly still have his abilities, as Fang and Vanille proved in the first game.
* Lightning isn’t dead - no matter what the heck anybody says, there’s no way in hell she can be. She’s too awesome. 8D
* I think that she’s most likely in some kind of weird parallel universe…and that this weird parallel universe is where l’cie go when they’re crystalized. In -Episode i-, it’s revealed that Serah knew about Snow staying behind with her at Lake Bresha, probably because he had her crystal tear. This could mean that l’cie don’t necessarily ‘go to sleep’ when they crystalize; maybe they end up in this alternate world. Kind of like a living afterlife, maybe.
* Since Random First Trailer Hot Guy is there, I think that he’s a crystalized l’cie originally from Gran Pulse. Maybe he was made into one for the War of Transgression, who knows - but there were obviously once tons of l’cie on Gran Pulse, either for the War or otherwise. All of the Cie’th stones (which were once l’cie) prove that.
* Lightning can obviously get into this crystal universe without being a crystalized l’cie. At the end of -Episode i-, she finds herself in a ‘mysteriously empty dimension’ - while searching for a way to save Fang and Vanille. If this is a crystalized world, no doubt she was brought there as a way to find them. How she can get there is anyone’s guess, but the director of the game, Motomu Toriyama joked that ‘perhaps Lightning has become an even more incredible existence than a l’Cie’.
* The goddess Etro will apparently be a more important element in this game - in both trailers, Lightning’s seen kneeling in front of what’s possibly Etro’s temple/resting place. Though Versus isn’t related, in that game, Etro opens the door to the afterlife…which could very well mean a crystal world here.
* RFTHG is said to be on a mission similar to Lightning’s. If Lightning’s mission is to rescue Fang and Vanille and get out of there, perhaps RFTHG believes that Noel is still crystal and seeks to rescue him.
* From the wiki page: The sequel’s principal setting will be different from that of Final Fantasy XIII, although the world of the first game will return in some form. They could totally be talking about Gran Pulse and this crystal world Lightning’s in.
* A lot of people think Snow’s dead. I just think they didn’t want to show him in the teaser trailer for some reason. :| Besides, heroes never die. They use Steelguard. |D
* …I am stupidly excited for this game. Can you tell? |D I need a new one to sink my teeth into since Duodecim's new story was so short. >>
Clearly I need a life. :D